Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic is the leading Italian company in plastic component electroplating.
We have been using electroplating techniques in the following industries for over 35 years:
- cosmetics and perfumery
- luxury sanitary fittings
- interior design
We are the only company on the market that can provide 41 different finishes to premiere Italian and international customers.
Here are some figures on our company’s current production capacity:
- 90 employees currently employed at the sites in Castelli Calepio and Grumello del Monte
- daily output of about 400,000 pieces, amounting to circa 1800 sq.m/day of treatable surface
- great flexibility of the processing process, capable of treating components ranging from 0.5 cm² 20,000 cm²
- 41 available finishes, including the last 6 introduced in 2016, named gold-purple and gold-purple plus (in shiny, satin and velour).
Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic is still at the forefront in the third millennium, thanks to continuous research and innovation. Our company has a number of short and medium term objectives:
- Planned major investments aimed at a sustainable future, with the introduction of in-house energy production technologies in energy requirements and “green” processing technologies.
- Introduction of trivalent chromium in the electroplating process.
- New chemical treatment technology that involves the complete elimination of hexavalent chromium.
- Introduction of anthropomorphic robotic technologies to position items for the production equipment.
- Unlimited number of available colours, to suit any customer need and access new markets with our decades of experience.
The history of Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic:
A summary of some of the most significant moments in the history of Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic:
- 1978: Year in which the business, a pioneer in the field of galvanisation in Italy, was founded
- 1986: Complete automation of the industrial waste treatment and purification process
- 1988: Complete automation of the electroplating treatment process and installation of the second automated line of treatment.
- 1993: Installation of the Satin-effect finishes and increase of the finishes to 6
- 1997: Certification of the Quality Management System according to standard ISO9001
- 2006: Certificate of 100%recycling of industrial solid waste
- 2008: Achievement of the Integrated Environmental Authorisation IEA-IPP/IED
- 2009: Increase to 24 available finishes
- 2010: Installation of the FIFO and barcode system for in/out goods logistics management
- 2011: Increase to 35 available finishes
- 2012: Barcodes for automatic production formulas, customised for each item
- 2013: Logistics platform with a capacity of 1,000 Euro Pallets
- 2014: Automatic ergonomic workstation for positioning items
- 2015: Installation of the photovoltaic system and laser scan smoke detection system
- 2016: Schedule and programming management via web.