Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic is the leading Italian company in plastic component electroplating.
We have been using electroplating techniques in the following industries for over 35 years:
- cosmetics and perfumery
- luxury sanitary fittings
- interior design
We are the only company on the market that can provide 41 different finishes to premiere Italian and international customers.
Industrial Galvanic Treatments | CromoplasticaCmC Plating on Plastic
Here are some figures on our company’s current production capacity:
- 90 employees currently employed at the sites in Castelli Calepio and Grumello del Monte
- daily output of about 400,000 pieces, amounting to circa 1800 sq.m/day of treatable surface
- great flexibility of the processing process, capable of treating components ranging from 0.5 cm² 20,000 cm²
- 41 available finishes, including the last 6 introduced in 2016, named gold-purple and gold-purple plus (in shiny, satin and velour).
Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic is still at the forefront in the third millennium, thanks to continuous research and innovation. Our company has a number of short and medium term objectives:
- Planned major investments aimed at a sustainable future, with the introduction of in-house energy production technologies in energy requirements and “green” processing technologies.
- Introduction of trivalent chromium in the electroplating process.
- New chemical treatment technology that involves the complete elimination of hexavalent chromium.
- Introduction of anthropomorphic robotic technologies to position items for the production equipment.
- Unlimited number of available colours, to suit any customer need and access new markets with our decades of experience.
The history of Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic:
A summary of some of the most significant moments in the history of Cromoplastica CMC – Plating on Plastic:
- 1978: Year in which the business, a pioneer in the field of galvanisation in Italy, was founded
- 1986: Complete automation of the industrial waste treatment and purification process
- 1988: Complete automation of the electroplating treatment process and installation of the second automated line of treatment.
- 1993: Installation of the Satin-effect finishes and increase of the finishes to 6
- 1997: Certification of the Quality Management System according to standard ISO9001
- 2006: Certificate of 100%recycling of industrial solid waste
- 2008: Achievement of the Integrated Environmental Authorisation IEA-IPP/IED
- 2009: Increase to 24 available finishes
- 2010: Installation of the FIFO and barcode system for in/out goods logistics management
- 2011: Increase to 35 available finishes
- 2012: Barcodes for automatic production formulas, customised for each item
- 2013: Logistics platform with a capacity of 1,000 Euro Pallets
- 2014: Automatic ergonomic workstation for positioning items
- 2015: Installation of the photovoltaic system and laser scan smoke detection system
- 2016: Schedule and programming management via web.